How to Turn Live Photos into a Video on an iPhone: Rita’s iDevice Advice for November 9, 2020
How to turn a Live Photo into a video by selecting two or more Live Photos. Apple’s Live Photos are fun, three-second videos that capture a brief period of movement and sound, rather than a standard, static picture. These moving pictures can be turned into GIFs, used as your Lock screen, still photos can be saved from them, and more.
Note: These instructions were written for sighted persons, who are not using voiceOver. If you are using VoiceOver: when the instructions say “Tap on an item”, perform a one finger double tap.
How to Turn 2 or More Live Photos into a Video:
1. Open the Photos app.
2. Tap Albums.
3. Find your Live Photos under Media Types.
4. Find the Live Photos that you’d like to use to create your video.
5. Tap the Share icon.
6. After you tap the Share icon, you’ll see the next photos in your Live Photo series; tap the other Live Photos you’d like to include in your video.
7. Scroll down and tap Save as Video.
8. Your Live Photos are now combined into a video; to view the video, navigate to the Albums tab, then tap Recents.
9. Tap the video in your Recents tab to watch, edit, and share it.
To Share a photo or several photos: Open the Photos app on your Apple iOS device. Select the Albums tab, then choose the album that you want. Now, at the top of the screen is a Select button. Double tap this, then double tap each photo or video you wish to select. The Share button should be at the bottom of the screen.
After you choose Share, VoiceOver will announce the number of photos selected. If you swipe up and down immediately with one finger, you will find an Options Button. Double tap this, and you will be able to change various sharing options, such as whether to include the location in the photos, whether to send individual photos or send them as an iCloud link, and more.