How To Create a Custom and Repeating Event in The Apple Calendar App: Rita’s iDevice Advice for August 17, 2020
I encountered a dilemma in trying to add a repeating event in the calendar on my iPhone.
I first attempted to add a “Repeating event. What I wanted was to create a repeating event for the first Tuesday of each month from August 4th on…
When I added this repeating event, on the calendar for August 4th (which was the first Tuesday in August) and chose the option to repeat monthly. What happened was there was a repeating event for the 4th day of each month going forward and NOT for the first Tuesday of each month.
what it scheduled is: all future events were added to the calendar for the fourth day of each month instead of the first Tuesday of each month.
Here is how to schedule a “Custom” Repeating event.
You have to choose the custom repeat option, when you are entering a new event in the Apple Calendar app.
1. Open the Calendar App on your Apple iOS Device, with a one finger double tap gesture if you are running VoiceOver.
2. If you see all the months of the year, tap on the month you want to view to open the month view.
3. Select a month where you want to add a Custom Repeating event to begin. Such as September. Select a specific date on the grid of days. such as: Tuesday September 1.
4. Once September 1st is selected with a one finger double tap gesture to highlight this date: Perform a one finger double tap gesture on the “ADD” button, which is located in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Sighted persons will see a + symbol.
5. Navigate to the Title field, which is already opened and ready for text to be entered. This is an Editable text field and half of the screen will have the keyboard present.
6. Navigate to the Start time and perform a one finger double tap gesture to select the start time with the Picker options.
7. Navigate to the End time and perform a one finger double tap gesture to select the End time with the Picker options.
8. Navigate to the Repeat button and perform a one finger tap gesture to open the Repeat options. Choose “Custom” button, and perform a one finger double tap to open the Custom choices.
9. Swipe right to find the “Frequency choices, such as Daily, Weekly, monthly, and yearly. Swipe right to the picker option and flick to find the “Monthly” option.
10. Then swipe right to find the two Choices of “Each”, or “On The”: and select the “on The” with a one finger double tap gesture.
11. Swipe right to find what day you want, such as the 1st. Then swipe right to choose the Day of the week, such as the 1st Tuesday of each month.
12. Flick back left to confirm that you want this custom event to occur on the 1st Tuesday of each month.
13. Then double tap the “Repeat Back” button.
14. Then double tap the “New Event Back” button.
15. If you want this custom repeating event to end at a certain date, you will need to go in to the “End Repeat options.
16. If you are happy with the custom event that you have created: remember to double tap the “Add” button, which is located in the upper right corner of the screen.