How to Turn Live Photos into Videos on an iPhone & iPad: Rita’s iDevice Advice for November 25, 2019
For this to work, you need to have iOS 13 software running on your Apple iOS device.
Apple’s Live Photos are fun, three-second videos that capture a brief period of movement and sound, rather than a standard, static picture. These moving pictures can be turned into GIFs, used as your Lock screen, still photos can be saved from them, and more. With iOS 13, Live Photos have a new, fun capability. you can now make videos out of two or more Live Photos.
An example of how this might work:
I had several Live Photos” of a recent family gathering. I was able to go in to the “Live Photos” album and Select 5 Live Photos to make in to a short video.
When you are running VoiceOver: Live Photos can be fun to hear a three second recording that goes along with the photo. When the Live Photo is opened on your iOS device, tap three fingers on the middle of the screen to bring the VoiceOver focus to the picture and it will attempt to give a audible description of the picture. If you perform a “Long Press” action, which is a one finger double tap and hold gesture, then you will hear the three second of sound that was captured when the Live Photo was taken.
Note These below instructions were written for sighted persons, who are not using voiceOver. If you are using VoiceOver: when the instructions say “Tap on an item”, perform a one finger double tap
How to Turn 2 or More Live Photos into a Video:
1. Open the Photos app.
2. Navigate to the Albums tab and find your Live Photos under Media Types.
3. Find the Live Photos that you’d like to use to create your video, tap the first one, then tap the Share icon.
When running VoiceOver, perform a one finger double tap gesture on the “Select” button which is in the upper right hand corner of the list of Live Photos in the Live Photos Album. You will need to select all the Live Photos you want in the video and then choose the “Share” option, which will be at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Then choose “Save as Video”.
4. After you tap the Share icon, you’ll see the next photos in your Live Photo series; tap the other Live Photos you’d like to include in your video.
5. Scroll down and tap Save as Video.
6. Your Live Photos are now combined into a video; to view the video, navigate to the Albums tab, then tap Recents.
7. Tap the video in your Recents tab to watch, edit, and share it.